To create a custom storage backend you will need to subclass the
StorageBackend class. Then create an instance of the new class and
pass that as the storage keyword argument when you create the
support = WebSupport(srcdir=srcdir, builddir=builddir, storage=MyStorage())
For more information about creating a custom storage backend, please see the
documentation of the
StorageBackend class below.
Defines an interface for storage backends.
Called immediately before the build process begins. Use this to prepare the StorageBackend for the addition of nodes.
add_node(id, document, source)¶
Add a node to the StorageBackend.
- id – a unique id for the comment.
- document – the name of the document the node belongs to.
- source – the source files name.
Called after a build has completed. Use this to finalize the addition of nodes if needed.
add_comment(text, displayed, username, time, proposal, node_id, parent_id, moderator)¶
Called when a comment is being added.
- text – the text of the comment
- displayed – whether the comment should be displayed
- username – the name of the user adding the comment
- time – a date object with the time the comment was added
- proposal – the text of the proposal the user made
- node_id – the id of the node that the comment is being added to
- parent_id – the id of the comment’s parent comment.
- moderator – whether the user adding the comment is a moderator
delete_comment(comment_id, username, moderator)¶
Delete a comment.
UserNotAuthorizedErrorif moderator is False and username doesn’t match the username on the comment.
- comment_id – The id of the comment being deleted.
- username – The username of the user requesting the deletion.
- moderator – Whether the user is a moderator.
get_data(node_id, username, moderator)¶
- node_id – The id of the node to get data for.
- username – The name of the user requesting the data.
- moderator – Whether the requestor is a moderator.
process_vote(comment_id, username, value)¶
Process a vote that is being cast. value will be either -1, 0, or 1.
- comment_id – The id of the comment being voted on.
- username – The username of the user casting the vote.
- value – The value of the vote being cast.
If a user is allowed to change their username this method should be called so that there is not stagnate data in the storage system.
- old_username – The username being changed.
- new_username – What the username is being changed to.
Called when a moderator accepts a comment. After the method is called the comment should be displayed to all users.
Parameters: comment_id – The id of the comment being accepted.