- class sphinx.builders.Builder[source]¶
This is the base class for all builders.
These attributes should be set on builder classes:
- name = ''¶
The builder’s name, for the -b command line option.
- format = ''¶
The builder’s output format, or ‘’ if no document output is produced.
- epilog = ''¶
The message emitted upon successful build completion. This can be a printf-style template string with the following keys:
- allow_parallel = False¶
allow parallel write_doc() calls
- supported_image_types: list[str] = ¶
The list of MIME types of image formats supported by the builder. Image files are searched in the order in which they appear here.
- supported_remote_images = False¶
The builder supports remote images or not.
- supported_data_uri_images = False¶
The builder supports data URIs or not.
- default_translator_class: type[nodes.NodeVisitor] = None¶
default translator class for the builder. This can be overridden by
These methods are predefined and will be called from the application:
- get_relative_uri(from_: str, to: str, typ: str = None) str [source]¶
Return a relative URI between two source filenames.
May raise environment.NoUri if there’s no way to return a sensible URI.
- build_specific(filenames: list[str]) None [source]¶
Only rebuild as much as needed for changes in the filenames.
- build(docnames: Iterable[str], summary: str | None = None, method: str = 'update') None [source]¶
Main build method.
First updates the environment, and then calls
These methods can be overridden in concrete builder classes:
- init() None [source]¶
Load necessary templates and perform initialization. The default implementation does nothing.
- get_outdated_docs() str | Iterable[str] [source]¶
Return an iterable of output files that are outdated, or a string describing what an update build will build.
If the builder does not output individual files corresponding to source files, return a string here. If it does, return an iterable of those files that need to be written.
- get_target_uri(docname: str, typ: str = None) str [source]¶
Return the target URI for a document name.
typ can be used to qualify the link characteristic for individual builders.
- prepare_writing(docnames: set[str]) None [source]¶
A place where you can add logic before
- write_doc(docname: str, doctree: document) None [source]¶
Where you actually write something to the filesystem.